Admiralty University of Nigeria, founded by the Nigerian Navy and Helenic Education Nigeria, invites from suitably qualified candidates, applications for the position of Registrar.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University, and serves as the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. Other responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- Handling of establishment matters for all categories of teaching and non-teaching staff
- Arranging for the conduct of examinations
- Keeping in safe custody of all records of the University
- Ensuring that University publications, such as the University calendar, University prospectus, staff and student handbook, University gazette, handbook on administrative procedures, are updated and released regularly
- Networking with staff and students to create a conducive climate for the functioning of the University.
Candidates should have at least a Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree in relevant fields (e.g. Arts, Social Sciences, Administration etc) from a recognised University. Possession of higher degree(s) will be an advantage. Candidate must be computer literate and a member of at least one relevant Professional Body like NIM, IPMN, ANUPA etc.
Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, ten (10) of which should be relevant to educational administration. Preferably, candidates must have served in an administrative capacity, not below the rank of Deputy Registrar, or its equivalent in the Military service.
The successful candidate must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Registrar.
5.0 DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
6.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates must forward ten (10) copies each of their curriculum vitae and copies of credentials, with the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin & local government area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional qualifications obtained with Dates
- Working experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three referees, one of which must be the Chief Executive/Head of the applicant’s present employer.
7.0 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Candidates should forward their applications under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR, ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA” and addressed to:
Admiralty University of Nigeria
Candidates should also request their three Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to, The Registrar, Admiralty University of Nigeria, Ibusa/Ogwashi-Uku Expressway, Delta State.
Applications must reach the Registrar, Admiralty University of Nigeria, Delta State not later than Two (2) weeks from the date of this publication.
- ABUBAKAR ALIYU BAFETO
Registrar/Secretary to Council